UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Friday, August 31, 2007

Back on the Road Again...

I know I promised I would be back out on the road on Wednesday night. Unfortunately, at 9:30pm on Wednesday, it was still a horrific 32 degrees celcius outside. There was no way I was going to start my first mini-run in a month in that sort of hellish temperature.

So I postponed to yesterday which luckily was much much cooler.

The plan was to run a full mile along the same teeny tiny beginner's course I started out on back in early July.

I figured, at the very least, I could do three-quarters of it running with some appropriately teeny tiny walk breaks here and there.

I did not count on complications from ragweed - the cursed plant of late summer. My head was pounding all evening no matter how much water I consumed (normally, the best way to get rid of my headaches). A quick look at the pollen report for Toronto showed a nasty high reading for ragweed which confirmed that I am now going to be embarking on my annual two-three weeks of cursing mother nature.

Another result of the ragweed headache (and the water I drank all evening), was that my stomach was a little off for most of the quick jog and that, for the first time, I felt really and truly nauseous while exercising. Not a nice feeling.

OA, OAelder and OAjunior come home on Sunday from their three week vacation out west. Then things will get back on a normal schedule.

I'm hoping for the next two weeks to run three times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays... distance will be determined largely by how soon I can complete my mini-course in the same way I could pre-gallbladder removal.

DAY 28 REPORT

start time: 8:15 pm
1 mile

Total Ran (approx): 0.5 mile (don't mock me... it was my first time out in a month... and my head hurt!)
Total Walked (approx): 0.5 mile

Legs - fine
Feet - fine
Lungs - my throat hurt and I wheezed like I have never wheezed before
Stomach - painful and included some nausea
Sweat level - low to medium

4 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

The trials of life definitely make it hard to get out the door. Congrats for doing it, even if it wasn't pleasant this time.

Bev said...

Good job! Way to get started. Don't give up.

Unknown said...

congrats for getting back out there! soon you'll be back to normal! and i hate this time of year as well, allergies suck.

Robert Barker said...

Welcome back :)