UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Monday, September 24, 2007

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

So I know I'm pushing this whole definition of "running" and my being a "runner". There are a ton of people reading this who are regularly running 5, 10, 15 even 20 miles in a single outing. Meanwhile I'm here babbling on about my silly mile and a quarter or less distances.

With that disclaimer, I still need to be able to say the following.

Tonight = ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

It's been a while since I jogged twice in two nights. After the last two great sessions, I knew I was living on borrowed time.

As I write this my legs are still in extreme pain and I am resorting to tylenol.

DAY 35 REPORT

start time: 8 pm
Total Distance: 1.6 miles

Total Ran (approx): 1.1 miles
Total Walked (approx): 0.5 mile

Legs - really reall really bad
Feet - fine
Lungs - wheezy
Stomach - fine
Sweat level - enormous

3 comments:

Dave Fleet said...

You're a trooper! Way to go. You've earned a rest day... enjoy it.

Next time it'll be easier, and the time after that it'll be easier still...

Keep it up!

Robert Barker said...

You are doing great, it is amazing to think you just had surgery not too long ago and you are out there running. Great job

Anonymous said...

Hey, i am right there with you. little steps. I am only at 2 miles too, and i am WALKING...i am not even running the whole 2 miles yet. so, keep charging. you can do this. we all can. laura @ itstimetorun.blogspot.