UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A pox on all yer soccer balls and cleats...

It turns out that my beloved high school running track has one disadvantage.

And its a biggie. Enter the boys' soccer team, stage right.

Grr.

Now, running with other people present at the track is not a huge issue for me anymore. I don't mind the occasional dog walker, family with toddlers or fellow jog/walker encroaching on my territory.

An entire team of athletic high school aged boys watching me trot around while they finished practicing the world's most idiotic sport? That's a whooooole other matter.

So I had to improvise another street route.

Improvisation, is not one of my strongest skills as you tell from the meagre amount I travelled (I *did* think I was running/walking further than I did... if that counts for anything).

DAY 36 REPORT

start time: 7:15 pm
Total Distance: 1.2 miles

Total Ran (approx): 0.8 mile (yikes yikes yikes!)
Total Walked (approx): 0.4 mile (yikes yikes yikes!)

Legs - way better than Monday
Feet - sore
Lungs - average
Stomach - fine
Sweat level - high

2 comments:

Ian said...

"the world's most idiotic sport"

You take that back right now! Take it back. ;)

On a serious note, I hate it when I have to alter my planned route for ANY reason.

Andria said...

I know what you mean. The track I sometimes go to is used by lots of different people, but I refuse to run with the University Football team.

Sorry, I'm a soccer fan too...