UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Welcome Back Track!

I have been very bad about updating this blog over the last week - unfortunately, there has not been any running to report on until this evening's work.

I had a Wednesday and Friday night jog planned.

Excuses drumroll please:

1) I forgot the fact that I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for Wednesday night (at 8pm... what doctor takes appointments that late other than mine?) so I couldn't run then. I did walk home along my normal street route which should have something in the positive column.

2) Thursday was then going to be the make-up jog night, but it ended up being the grossest, hottest and humidest day in the last month. Not happening.

3) Friday night then was also humid, but had high winds and lots of rain to boot. I left my house, being the trooper that I am, only to have a giant tree branch crash down from my neighbour's front yard and land directly on the sidewalk I would shortly have been on. Not happening x a million.

4) YESTERDAY night could have been a double make-up jog night, but I had friends coming in from out of town and had to stay home drinking margaritas with them. I HAD to. They would have tied me to the deck chair if I had resisted (which, being a good friend, of course I didn't)

Which brings me and my excuses to tonight.

The local high school track where OA and I started our jogging work back in May is finally open again to the public.

Hip Hip Huzzah!

I took my lazy bum-self over there at around 8pm after watching a lovely lovely lovely men's US Open Championship match. Novak Djokovic is my new Serbian pretend boyfriend after this post-quarter final impersonation series. Very funny stuff.

The run itself was pretty good. My doctor prescribed me a low dosage asthma controlling steroid which I have been taking regularly the last few days. I'm not sure if my improvement tonight was as a result of the meds or the flatter, more absorbent track surface.

Regardless, it was very nice to be back out a running (and the track was incredibly popular given that it was a Sunday evening - two walkers, a dog, a fellow jogger and some people doing tai-chi!)

DAY 30 REPORT (milestone alert - milestone alert!)

start time: 8:00 pm
Total Distance: 1.6 miles

Total Ran (approx): 1 mile
Total Walked (approx): 0.6 mile

Legs - tight here and there
Feet - fine
Lungs - good
Stomach - stitchy
Sweat level - high

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on your milestone! keep up the great work!

*lisa* said...

congrats :) keep it up