UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Monday, June 25, 2007

Brush with fame...

We were back on the road again and used the same route as on Friday. I know I must start increasing my mileage, but I need to get back into a comfortable routine like that I was creating on the local track before I can start branching out again.

I = a major creature of habit.

One more week of my little tiny 1 mile run and then I will start adding to it beginning next Monday.

On my return trip, I passed by my first minor-celebrity fellow jogger in the form of my fellow graduate of McGill University and CBC Television Host Evan Solomon. Turns out he lives in my neighbourhood... and now he has the joy of seeing me huffing and puffing down his street every second morning. I'm pretty sure the real estate agent didn't notify him of that perk :)

OA and I both managed to make it up the seemingly monstrous hill on Benson Avenue without stopping - small bits of progress like this make me very happy.

DAY 12 REPORT

wake-up time 5:45
1 mile total (+walking to starting point)

Total Walked (approx): 1/4 mile
Total Ran (approx): 3/4 mile

Legs - very sore... the pavement does something to make my upper thighs feel very weak while running
Lungs - wheezy, but not as bad as Friday's
Stomach - fine
Sweat level - high. When I sat down on my front steps following the jog, I left a bum-sweat print on the concrete. How lovely.

Overall impression - I still miss my track, but am getting over the disappointment of having lost it.

The MP3 armband STILL has not arrived and now I am getting kinda pissed.

No comments: