UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tunes Tomorrow?

Tomorrow, when I will *finally* complete a run consisting of three full quarter mile laps of actual to goodness jogging, I hope to have some of my favorite showtunes blasting in my ear and pushing me along to achieve this mini-goal.

I bought an iRiver mp3 player last spring which has served me well except for the fact that finding accessories for it outside of South-East Asia is a challenge. Hence, while I would have loved to have had some music accompanying me each morning when OA and I jog (given that conversation is still out for me), it has been impossible to find a exercise clip for the player...

... impossible, that is, until I finally gave in and paid the $0.49 to buy a custom made holder for my iRiver on eBay and followed that up with $14 (!!!) of shipping to get the darn thing from Seoul to my possession. Yes you calculated that the shipping of the holder officially is more than 28 times the actual cost of the item.

Online tracking appears to be showing it in the actual confines of the City of Toronto. Tomorrow is a running day. Cross your fingers that I will be able to actually listen to Andrea McArdle singing "Tomorrow", tomorrow! :)

No comments: