UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day 10 Disaster

They took our track away! My lovely little, very close by to my house, nicely shaded, not crowded track has been shut down!

Well technically it isn't shut down - more like "temporarily closed for repairs for the summer" - but still...

The "closed" sign and padlock staring OA and I in the face was very unsettling at 6am on the morning when I was *finally* going to do a 3/4 mile run... OA bucked up instantly because she was getting bored with the whole "running around in circles" thing, but it really disappointed me.

So instead of doing my perfectly measured and paced jog around my comfy, cozy track, we embarked on a bit of a journey of discovery up and down neighbourhood streets. According to Google P-Maps, the whole course was approximately 1 1/4 miles... and I walked a good chunk of it. In total, I would have to estimate that I ran 5/8 of a mile and walked the same distance...

OA was in 7th heaven... she disappeared into the distance early on after I stopped for my first walk break. It made me very unhappy to be all by myself, tired, sweaty and with sore knees and thinking of ways we could break the padlock on Friday.

Le sigh. It is going to be a long summer methinks.

DAY 10 REPORT (DAY 10! DAY 10! WHAT A HORRIBLE DAY FOR SUCH A MILESTONE!)

wake-up time 5:45
1.25 miles total (plus walking to track)

Total Walked (approx): 5/8 mile
Total Ran (approx): 5/8 mile

Legs - sore... pavement sucks the big one
Lungs - wheezy
Stomach - uneasy as a result of another night of acid reflux (not running related)
Sweat level - high despite the chill

Overall impression - *weeps* I want my track back!

Oh... and my stupid MP3 arm band didn't show up in yesterday's mail either. *double sob*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As much as you may not like it now, running around the neighborhood and taking in the sights is much better than running around a track. It takes a little bit to get used to, but as long as you have Gmaps, you can figure out just how far you're running. It can make running, which can be boring around a track, into something more of an adventure. Enjoy your running!!