UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Friday, June 22, 2007

A Roadrunner I'm Not... But Progress!

Did the road thing with a plan this time (yea Google maps!) which made things a little easier and less "OH MY GOD WHERE AM I/I HATE NOT BEING ON A FUCKING TRACK/CAN I STOP NOW?/SURE I'LL STOP NOW!"

I think I managed to do the equivalent of 3 full quarter mile laps of running for the first time... I think. Unfortunately, exact distance measuring is a challenge without the benefits of the tried and true quarter mile track...

OA wanted to kill me first thing this morning when we got to the first running leg of our jog and stared up on fairly long, kinda-steep incline. Ooops. We were gasping and wheezing so much by the end of the first leg (sad really) that I thought for sure I wasn't going to be able to do the full three-quarters of a mile. Luckily, most of the rest of the running legs were on either flat terrain or declining hills.

My ankles hurt more today than they ever did running on my track... grrr. I hope they'll strengthen the more that we run on pavement.

DAY 11 REPORT

wake-up time 5:45
1 mile total (+walking to starting point)

Total Walked (approx): 1/4 mile
Total Ran (approx): 3/4 mile

Legs - owwwwwww
Lungs - very wheezy
Stomach - fine
Sweat level - low

Overall impression - I don't like other joggers passing me by on the street. They are totally saying "you'll quit in a few weeks" in their perfectly toned heads. I can tell. They look particularly fit, evil and judgemental at 6:30 am.

Still no MP3 armband either...

1 comment:

Thomas said...

It's really quiet in my edge of the woods, so I don't often overtake other runners/joggers.
However, I can assure you, nobody will think "you'll quit in a few weeks" when they pass you. It's either nothing at all (one can go very deep inside one's own bubble when running), or "nice to see someone else", or "caught another one!"

Stick with it, and you'll soon do the overtaking yourself. But try to increase the running distances. One mile really is not very much, and won't have much effect on your fitness.