UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

"Oh are we done already?"

Those were the words from my not-so-lovely-at-that-particular-moment housemate, OA, today after, huffing and puffing, I finished my 4th lap and she completed her 5th.

Whatever.

Good news is that I ran another full lap, this time without suffering nearly as much as I did on Monday. Bad news is that I didn't repeat this full lap in my workout and stayed at the same distance as Monday.

OA managed to run for two, two-lap circuits plus a lap of walking in between which made me incredibly jealous. We may be coming to a point where she will be lapping me (boo!)

When we woke up this morning, the air temperature was 8 degrees celcius with a clear blue sky overhead. Lovely running conditions - if only every morning could be like this!

I am not looking forward to days of heat and humidity. Even under only slightly stuffy conditions on Saturday I completely wilted... temps can only start getting hotter as the summer progresses.

DAY 5 REPORT

wake-up time 6 am (bad bad bad... we left the house at the outrageous time of 6:15 and must get up earlier next time)
1 mile total (plus walking to and from track)

3 half circuits walking (3/8 mile), 3 half circuits running (3/8 mile), 1 full circuit running (1/4 mile)

Total Walked: 3/8 mile
Total Ran: 5/8 mile

Legs - sorer than on Monday
Lungs - a little puffy
Stomach - stitchy at the end, the thumb trick I read about somewhere on the web did not work!
Sweat level - miniscule

Overall impression - didn't achieve my goal of running two full laps today, will try again on Friday or Saturday (still depends on when we decide to run...)

No comments: