UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Monday, June 11, 2007

I am officially bad at math

So it turns out that despite having run two full 1/4 mile laps on Friday, my actual distance run versus walked didn't change... instead of 3/4 mile run and 1/4 walked, I actually ran 5/8 mile and walked 3/8.

Which is the same exact proportion ran/walked when I run one full lap! Grrrr.

With Three Laps Run
Ran
1/4
Walk
0
Walk
1/8
Ran
1/8
Ran
1/8
Walk
1/8
Ran
1/4
Walk
0



With Two Laps Run
Ran
1/4
Walk
0
Walk
1/8
Ran
1/8
Ran
1/8
Walk
1/8
Ran
1/8
Walk
1/8



With 1 Lap Run
Ran
1/4
Walk
0
Walk
1/8
Ran
1/8
Walk
1/8
Ran
1/8
Walk
1/8
Ran
1/8

So from my calculations, the only way to increase my mileage run would be to increase to three full 1/4 mile running laps with only a half lap each of walking in between. Yikes.

But now to less depressing news.

This morning OA and I woke up on time and made it to the track for the first time since Friday. It actually felt great to be back out there moving.

After last night's Tony Awards Manhattans (a MUCH stronger drink then I am used to), it was tough to get up out of bed. But we managed.

I sang along (in my head) to the "Bitch of Living" from the Best New Musical Tony Winner Spring Awakening for much of the run. Very good workout song (such angst!)

DAY 7 REPORT

wake-up time 5:30 (woo hoo!)
1 mile total (plus walking to and from track)

3 half circuits walking (3/8 mile), 1 half circuit running (1/8 mile), 2 full circuits running (1/2 mile)

Total Walked: 3/8 mile
Total Ran: 5/8 mile

Legs - definite tightness in my upper legs - odd given that I normally feel jogging in my calves
Lungs - a little wheezy but definitely nothing too bad
Stomach - fine
Sweat level - low except for chest area... I need to get a good sweat wicking running bra

Overall Impression: Mathematical miscalculation is the "Bitch of Running"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on getting started on running, I know exactly how you feel when I first started. But it gets easier, it just takes time and perseverance. Good luck with everything and I will keep myself updated with your progress!! Just keep running : )