UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Woke up at 8am and then remembered the possibility of our track area being overrun by early morning soccer players.

Luckily, we were the only ones at the track when we showed at 8:30. It was very tough going, smoggy, humid as hell and I didn't have a 7 year old running partner to use an excuse to go slowly.

I was gasping for air like an asthmatic after only half of the 4 rotations. Something told me I wouldn't be able to complete the full mile unless I added an extra half lap of walking in lieu of jogging. Good idea, because I think I was slightly hallucinatory at the end.

My cotton Vision TV t-shirt which I have been wearing at the track was soaked by the end of the morning and I think my earlier purchase of sweat wicking pants earlier this week should have been replaced by shorts or a skirt or something less hot.

DAY 3 REPORT

wake-up time 8 am
1 mile total (plus walking to and from track)


Half circuit of track walking, half circuit of jogging
3 revolutions of track like this

1 revolution walking only :(

Legs - a little tense
Lungs - the worst thus far
Stomach - stitchy towards the end - no wine the night before jogging ever again
Sweat level - it was less sweat and more like more pores opened and every glass of water I hadever drunk in my life pored out at once

Overall impression - not too bad for someone who felt like taking a hammer to her alarm clock this morning.

No comments: