UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Thursday, July 19, 2007

And now for something slightly different...

I tried something new today. Instead of taking my teeny tiny 1.25 mile course, I trimmed my existing jog legs and added two whole new long quarter mile blocks.

Now, if I had done it exactly as I planned, I would have run 1.25 miles and walked 0.6 miles. That didn't happen because of a number of issues including:

1) it was humid as hell
2) my mp3 player broke down halfway through my course
3) I had a sudden desperate urge to use the washroom at several different instances while running which caused me to stop to avoid any embarrassing situations (tmi again?)
4) it was so dark in spots on my new blocks that I was afraid I would accidentally land in a crevice and hurt myself

... and the clincher

5) at the exact mile mark, my right foot went numb

Now the big news is that my shin issues were not rearing their ugly heads this run. The numb right foot - which wasn't caused by shoes which were too tight or anything similar - is worrisome.

Hopefully it is a one off event.

In other news, this is my first full mile run. Huzzah and Hooray! Broken up as it is by numerous walking sessions, it is still a mini-milestone!

DAY 21 REPORT

start time: 9:30pm
1.85 miles

Total Walked (approx): 0.85 miles
Total Ran (approx): 1 mile

Legs - nothing
Feet - right foot dead
Lungs - gaspy
Stomach - stitchy for a bit
Sweat level - medium-high

Overall impression - a run that left me (well almost all of me except the foot) feeling good. Tomorrow will be another attempt!

No comments: