UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Thursday, July 5, 2007

A teeny tiny mini microscopic milestone

Today, 1 month and 7 days after starting running from an absolute comatose state I finally managed to break my semi-physical semi-mental hurdle of the 1 mile mark.

*happy dance*
I think I am beginning to like jogging at night. Seeing all the neighbours walking their dogs makes me happy, and several of them even waved and said hello to me. In Toronto! Imagine! I would have been happy if no one tasered me!

So here's how this milestone broke down:

RUN - 0.25 mile
Walk - 0.15 mile
RUN - 0.35 mile (the most I have ever run without stopping... mock me if you must - I'm proud at least!)
Walk - 0.15 mile
RUN - 0.2 mile (I hoped to do at least another 0.25 but completely ran out of steam at the end!)
Walk - 0.05 mile
RUN - 0.05 mile (the last corner of my street and up my driveway... the neighbour had seen me leave walking and I wanted to make it clear to him that I was not just a walker... I'm a walker/runner!)

DAY 14 REPORT

start time: 9 pm
1.2 miles total (+walking to starting point)
HUZZAH HOORAY WHOOPEE


Total Walked (approx): 1/3 (0.33) mile
Total Ran (approx): 6/7 (0.86) mile

Legs - fine (yea progress!)
Lungs - wheezier than Sunday which sucked... I was so looking forward to having finally progressed sounding like a dying seal
Stomach - minute stitchiness at the very end
Sweat level - can be measured only in buckets... it was hot

Overall impression - mock me if you will for my very short distances... but progress feels great no matter how small the number increased is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratulations!!! no milestone is ever small, that's why it's a milestone! keep up the great work! and running at night is always so peaceful for me too, it's my favorite time to run, always!