UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Run in the Rain

It was perfectly clear and relatively cool all day. Then, about 15 minutes before my now traditional 9pm jog time, the heavens opened and it rained fairly heavily.

Running in the rain, as I discovered early in June on the only other day my run day and time coincided with a shower, is a lot of fun.

Coupled with the light breeze and really pleasant 20 degree celcius temperature, I was a very happy camper.

The only problem today was that I got about halfway through my course and suddenly had a tremendous urge to... er... use the washroom.

Yikes!

I made it home a little faster than normal after that (and without any accidents to boot!)

TMI? :)

DAY 17 REPORT

start time: 9:00 pm
1.25 miles

Total Walked (approx): 0.35 miles
Total Ran (approx): 0.9 miles

Legs - a little twingey at the very beginning but any pain cleared up quickly
Lungs - my throat felt sore again, but nothing compared to Tuesday night
Stomach - fine
Sweat level - medium (the rain washed most of it away)

Overall impression - back to good old adequate runs... yea!

2 comments:

Robert Barker said...

I love your ticker, it looks great. You are doing great on your progress, congrats.

Unknown said...

you're almost up to one mile! keep up the great work!