UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Crumpled in the Heat

At 9am yesterday morning I told myself I would be running twelve hours later.

At noon yesterday I went outside, hit a wall of 33+ degree heat, came back inside my office building and told myself I would be running later that night when it cooled down.

At five pm yesterday I sufferred through an entire streetcar ride home next to a man who smelled like the inside of my running shoes. I told myself that the dark clouds approaching would cool things down and I would be running as of 9pm.

At seven pm yesterday, I sat outside in the sun while sweating profusely and turned down OA's invitation of a glass of wine because I would be running two hours later.

At eight pm, I drank a glass of wine and gave up as the temperature was still over 30 degrees and it was definitely not going to rain.

It is now 10:45 am. I will be running in 10 hours and 15 minutes :)

No comments: