UPDATED Goal: Run 72 miles - 24 X 3 - by November 3, 2007 (My 24th Birthday!)

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Wow... that felt great!

I was very, very, very bad all of last week and skimped out on OA for our planned Thursday morning run. There was simply no way I was getting out of bed for anything... insert guilt here.

The next time I ran was Sunday night - the first time I have ever jogged outside of the morning hours. It was surprisingly cool temperature wise and my weekend lethargy allowed me to get excited to be moving. Also, it was the first time I was trying out my new MP3 armband.

The combination of all of these factors led to the absolute best running session I have had since starting five weeks ago. I was exhausted and sweaty and gross by the end... but still felt an incredible high.

Gardening for 5 hours straight yesterday completely knocked me out though. I am so very, very weak. Gardening is for little old ladies! Why am I unable to move today???

DAY 13 REPORT

start time: 8:45pm
1 mile total (+walking to starting point)

Total Walked (approx): 1/4 mile
Total Ran (approx): 3/4 mile

Legs - fine (yea progress!)
Lungs - wheezy, but the advantage of listening to music while jogging is that I couldn't hear my own wheezing and get freaked out by the horrible sounds I produce while exerting myself in any way
Stomach - fine except for a little nausea after the jog... probably this is a result of having drunk a large glass of water an hour before starting out and the liquid not having been fully processed in my stomach
Sweat level - medium-high... more from exertion than from any heat. Which is good.

Overall impression - the best run so far... I want more and more and more like this one!

No comments: